Friday, May 19, 2006

You'd think the religious right would be relieved about this!

Today's laugh of the day comes from IMdB News:

McKellen Courts Controversy

English actor Ian McKellen is bemused by the controversy over The Da Vinci Code novel and movie, insisting Christians should be happy with the theory that Jesus Christ married and produced a bloodline. The gay star, who plays Sir Leigh Teabing in the Ron Howard movie, supports the fictional plot that Jesus married Mary Magdalene, because it would prove the prophet wasn't a homosexual. Speaking at the Cannes Film Festival in France on Wednesday, McKellen said, "When I read the book I believed it entirely. I thought that Leigh Teabing argued his case very convincingly indeed, and clever Dan Brown for twisting my mind in the right direction. And when I put the book down, I thought what a load of... and that's still going on in my mind. I'm very happy to believe that Jesus was married. And I know the Catholic church has problems with gay people and so this would be absolute proof that Jesus was not gay."